Monday, August 6, 2007

July Round-Up


I know I'm late on this, the last few days have been crazy! My sister came to town, there was a coronation, a wedding, an alien cat from Mars, and 'way too much food! So, let me get down to business. My goals for July were:

Collect 25 pounds in aluminum cans for recycling ($16.25)
I came close....21 pounds, for $13.65. That brings my two month total for Pop Cans for the Cure to $22.75.

Walk 100 miles
Well, I started the official training schedule, and following their guidelines, I only needed to walk 70, and I came close, 62 miles.

Lose 5 pounds
I lost 1. I get so frustrated. But one of the other 3 Day walkers told me it's not how much you weigh, it's how you train and prepare yourself, including getting enough sleep, the right food, and your overall mental attitude. She told me to quit being so hard on myself.

Make it to the $2,200 fund raising mark
As of July 31st, I have cash donations of $2,105, making me only $95 shy of my required goal. I have Pop Cans for the Cure money in the total amount of $22.75, bringing me to only $72.25 from my $2,200 goal!

I know that I will make my fund raising goal in August. But I don't want to stop there, I'd like to raise $3,000. I know I can, I know I can!

1 comment:

Lothian said...

You have done an amazing job training and collecting donations. You should only be proud of yourself!!