Wednesday, June 13, 2007

"I'm Late, I'm Late, For A Very Important Date!"

I'm feeling a little like the Mad Hatter (pun intended) from Alice In Wonderland lately. Rushing, rushing, always rushing. Kinda like a rabbit on roller skates.....my feet are going in all different directions but getting absolutely no where.

Last week I only managed to get 6 miles walking in and no trips to the gym. I had to work Tuesday and Thursday, I went out to dinner with friends on Wednesday, I don't remember Friday at all, and Saturday I went up to Stan Hywet Hall, in Akron, with The Chicks for our June event. I did do a lot of walking there, and walked up and down steps every chance I got. Then 40 minutes after I got home, I had to go to work, and I was there until 11:45 p.m. And all during the week I was going back and forth to Lowe's to set up my bathroom remodel. I slept most of Sunday.

This week has been much better. I've already ready walked 10.5 miles so far. My goal was 16, so I'm really close. But in order to get enough training in, I'm seriously thinking about cutting down to two days at the bookstore. I'm not sure about that.....it's hard to give up the money, even though it's not a lot.

I hit a milestone this week with my fund raising; I'm at the 25% mark. Not bad for the first four weeks. Sunday I plan to start printing my letters so I can have a mass mailing go out by Wednesday. And I have my first corporate sponsor: Happy Tails Pet Sitting Service. Lee, you're A #1!

No comments: