Saturday, September 1, 2007

August Round-up


In some ways, August went by with a snap of the fingers, but with all the extreme heat, the month also seemed to go on and on and on….but hopefully that is behind us. We could use a string of gorgeous days. Shout-outs go to Sue, Patrick, Charlotte, Lois, Diana and Joyce this month. Thank you all so much!

I do have a tidbit of news to share..... Wednesday, we had our annual Employee Appreciation Day picnic. As I was headed up to the buffet, Mr. T. called me aside and told me that when I get back in November, he's going to have the publication department get with me to do an article on the walk and my fundraising. I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeVille.....

$$$
As I wrote a couple of days ago, I have achieved my minimum fundraising goal of $2,200. Yesterday I took another load of can to the recycling plant and got $16.90 (16 pounds) for my Pop Cans for the Cure Fund. That brings the fund up to $39.65 now (61 pounds of cans). I want to give special shout-outs to Johnny for collecting two bags of cans, and to his beautiful wife, Nikki, for delivering them to me. Also, to Joyce Metal & Iron for always being so nice to me when I take my monthly load of cans in.

Weight: 210
I just can’t seem to get below that number. I’ve only lost 5 pounds since the end of May. That’s better than nothing, but I’d like to be down to below 200 by the time I leave for SD in November.

Walking
I’ve been doing really great at getting my walks in. I’m to the point where walking 7 miles at one time is quite comfortable. That’s a good thing, because there's only 10 weeks to go until event! I've got a lot of walking this weekend, and thank goodness the weather is going to be great.

1 comment:

Lothian said...

I am SOOO proud of you!! So, you are going to be a celebrity? can I have your autograph?