Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Walking Time is Nearly Here!


Well, just a couple of things left do and then California here I come! I can’t believe it’s the first full week of November! I know I’ve said that every month, but it’s still true. So, where do we stand?

Friday I took the last of the pop cans to the recycling center. I can’t begin to tell you how sick I am of aluminum cans! The final tally was 85 pounds of aluminum for $55.35. Yea!

To date, I have officially raised $2, 865 in donations. There are still a couple of pledges outstanding, so I may very well reach my goal of $3,000. I have until December 9th to pull them all in. My team, The Breast Defense League, has raised $110,000 so far. Amazing! I will get to meet most of my team for the first time Thursday evening when we gather to have a pre-race carbo-load dinner.

Most of my gear is gathered, I just need to pack it all in my bright blue duffle. There was a last minute snafu (isn’t there always?)….my furnace decided to completely up and die. And not in a good way (meaning, fixable). So, in the midst of everything else that’s going on, I had to take time out today and arrange to have a new furnace put in. I mean, Jeremy can put on a sweater, but I don’t want to come back next week and find a couple of kitty icicles lying on the sofa!

2 comments:

streetvixn said...

Good Luck Donna! Know that I will be thinking about you and cheering you on here in C-bus!

Lothian said...

Good luck!! You have worked so hard and trained so much, we just know you are going to have a fantastic time. Give that grandbaby plenty of kisses too while you are there!