Saturday, July 21, 2007

I Feel Awful

No other way to say it. I feel awful.

This whole week has been one road block to healthy eating after another. We had a huge meeting at work and there was extra food everyday. I tried to be careful with my choices, but the caterer we use, Metro, is awesome, and their food is top-notch. It's hard to walk away from anything they serve.

Then, last night at the bookstore, the last Harry Potter book went on sale. I was scheduled the entire evening, 8 hours, at the register. We had a potluck, which was a good thing because there was no getting to the cafe because of all the customers, but it was all cookies and cakes, and something called Ooey Gooey bars that were wonderful, in addition to Death By Chocolate. I love that stuff (but it doesn't love me.....lactose intolerance hit about 12:45 am......sorry, Carey!)

By midnight, we had over 700 people in the store waiting to get their copy of HPVII, and the noise level was deafening. It was 1 am when the last customer left, but we didn't leave until 2:30 because the store was completely trashed. Once I got home, I was so keyed up I didn't go to sleep until almost 5, and had to be up at 9 am to head out and deliver the book to friends that had me get it for them. My tummy was still bad from last night, so I just ate tea and toast, and crackers and things like that all day. My comfort food is definitely carbs.

At 6pm it was back to the book store and it was still pretty busy. But by then, my legs and back were really starting to get sore from standing all those hours the night before, and I was sooooo exhausted! All my coworkers tonight had been there last night as well, and we were just completely wiped out. When I got my break, I just grazed the whole 30 minutes on more carb junk.

I feel icky, and it's all due to this week's diet (though I did get all my required walking miles in), and the salty food and not enough sleep. Well, I don't have to go to work anywhere until Tuesday night, so I'm going to "detox" until then. I'm going to follow Dr. Ian Smith's Fat Smash Plan, which has worked for me in the past, and drink lots of water, and get plenty of sleep, get my miles in (my training schedule is for 21 this week) and try not to read HPVII without stopping!

No comments: