Sunday, July 1, 2007

June Round-up--Yee Haw, Y'all!

I can't believe this month is over already! It's July 1st (my birthday month, don't you know) and the 3 Day is inching closer and closer. Lot's to cover, so let's get to it!

A great big shout out goes to my exec-director, Mr. T, a true southern gentlemen who really believes in what I'm doing. I'm still in awe of your generous gift. Diane and Beth, you're both so great. And of course Lee, a true benefactor if there ever was one. She presented me with a bevy of gifts today, including an official 3 Day training T, luggage tags and a photo album. I was overwhelmed to say the least.

Yesterday I turned in my first "Pop Cans for the Cure". I took 14 pounds of aluminum to the salvage yard and got $9.10. My goal for July is 25 pounds, so all you pop drinkers, get busy!

I lost 3 pounds this month, yea! BTW, I want to send out major props to Suellen, who has lost 10 pounds. Way to go! I've been averaging 15-20 miles a week, and feeling really good. The new shoes have really helped. I did some cross training by painting my bathroom this week. Up and down the step ladder, a lot of work with the arms. You would think I got as much paint on me as I did the walls.

This week I will start my letter campaign. I'm hoping to make it to $2,200 by August 1st, so I can go ahead and "check in". You all can help.....every $5 makes a difference. This is a worthy cause and the sooner we find a cure the better.
Ok, so if I want to have goals for July, I need to list them. Here goes....
  • Collect 25 pounds in aluminum cans for recycling ($16.25)
  • Walk a total of 100 miles
  • Lose 5 pounds
  • Make it to the $2,200 fund raising mark
That's a pretty good list of goals. I guess I'll start now and take a walk.

No comments: