Sunday, May 20, 2007

Training Day vs Sleeping Day?

The votes are in, and sleeping won over training.

I had fully planned on getting out to Hoover and "walk the steps" today. Hoover is one of the area's reservoirs, and there are a series of steps on either side of the spill way....157 steps on one side, and 123 on the other. One "circuit" is down and up one set of steps, across the spill way, down and up the second set, back across the spill way to my starting point. Last week I was able to do two full circuits before I dropped from exhaustion.

Anyway, with yesterday's Walk for the Cure, and then working 5 hours at my part time job, I logged in 21,309 steps on my pedometer. That's 8.076 miles! By the time I got home at 11:30 p.m., I wasn't even able to stay up and watch my favorite show replay, The Real Deal on TLC. I think I passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow. And today, I just needed to sleep.

All this tells me I have a lot of work to do over the next 5 1/2 months if I'm this tired after only 8 miles! But the good news is that I have two workout buddies lined up. My friends, Suellen and Hester, both want to lose some weight and get in shape. I'm confident that we can inspire each other to reach our goals.

No comments: